verge (vʉrj)
noun
the edge, brink, or margin (of something): also used figuratively the verge of the forest, on the verge of hysteria

verg′·ing
to tend or incline (to or toward)
to be in the process of change or transition into something else; pass gradually (into) dawn verging into daylight




Friday, June 18, 2010

Bye Boo

So long, Boo.
I'll be thinking 'bout you...

Today I said goodbye to you for the summer, dear one.  And dammitall, Boo--of all days for you to be all  mushy and lovey with me.  Today, of all days, you greeted me at the door with those bright eyes and that bushy tail instead of playing the fake-sleeping game you find so amusing when I whistle my daily arrival and pretend I don't know where you are.  And then you just had to keep putting your paw in my lap, didn't you? Boo....

Ok, yes, I was walking slower than usual. But you were stalling too.  I could tell, clever one. You stopped walking and pretended you were trying to hear something so that I would think to take some pictures. I love this one of you.  It's paints your beautiful Boo-ness. And we kept sitting together--that's not our usual way of walking.  I liked sharing the shade and sitting quietly next to you.  You kept nuzzling me.  I heard what you were saying.

A couple things to remember over the summer...
  • Mind your manners with your dog treats.  Try not to snatch them--it startles people.  Remember what we practiced: Eeeeasy does it when they are offered to you.  Be gentle.  This encourages more offers (and we always like more, don't we!)
  • Don't eat those little critters.  Remember that one time?
  • Please, please don't chase the UPS guy.  It's never a good thing.  Never.  
  • That little Yorkie is all talk.  She won't hurt you but I think you better be careful.  She's making it pretty clear that she's just not that interested.  Sorry Boo, but keep lookin'! 
  • The Landscape Guys still aren't hiring.  I know, I know...you'd be great and all, but they are trying to those fill holes, not dig them deeper.
  • Play with your sisters.  They have waited all year for school to be out so they could play games with you.  You look so handsome in a fairy crown.  Shows what a good sport you are!
  • Chase a chippy or two around the yard every day.  The exercise is great and it will keep them from making problems for your parents.
  • Make sure you have fun. Make sure of that, dear friend.
Hey, Boo.  Let's make a little deal.  At noon each day, look up towards the sky.  I'll be looking up there too.  We'll see each other there for a second or two.  August is coming, and a little too fast. Until then, I'll be thinking of you, Boo.  I'm really going to miss you, my dear friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment