verge (vʉrj)
noun
the edge, brink, or margin (of something): also used figuratively the verge of the forest, on the verge of hysteria

verg′·ing
to tend or incline (to or toward)
to be in the process of change or transition into something else; pass gradually (into) dawn verging into daylight




Friday, May 21, 2010

Maeve Rhymes with Behave



Nana and Gramp have a farm.
As a couple they have golden charm
There's compost and soil
 and laundry and toil
And there's Maeve to keep them from harm.

Yet the order of rank is quite clear
And you had better be in the right gear
Number One bosses Two and Two bosses Three
And your ass had best be Right Here.

Now Sara writes poems that don't rhyme.
But I am not quite so sublime.
My task is quite daunting
and I risk so much taunting
If I waste on this poem your good time.

But I am really being quite brave
When I say the rank starts with Maeve
 And it's quite plain to see that
the real job (to me)
 is getting you both to behave.







No comments:

Post a Comment