verge (vʉrj)
noun
the edge, brink, or margin (of something): also used figuratively the verge of the forest, on the verge of hysteria

verg′·ing
to tend or incline (to or toward)
to be in the process of change or transition into something else; pass gradually (into) dawn verging into daylight




Sunday, February 20, 2011

Be Leaving


This was worth the trudge.  Actually, it's all worth the trudge.  Winter has been magnificent.  Truly. Not a single day has been a disappointment.  From spectacular snow falls to boldly blue skies to paralyzing wind chills, each day is a work of art in this winter gallery.  I marvel at the silent collaboration of sky and earth--each day stunning and brilliant.  I unintentionally stopped watching the weather forecasts and no longer dread stepping out--perhaps an unintentional side effect. Endurance--a former companion--has given way to curiosity and I have come to love winter's tide as I love the ocean's.  Recently, we had warm sun and melting snows and while walking, I was surprised to feel a pang of sadness. These snowy snows and icy drifts would soon be leaving. 

Along the way, I found these pussy willows bowing over a deep gully and I felt an inner rush of excitement and anticipation.   

Springing from winter, and believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment